Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kite Festival

And the one last event we attended, which the kids look forward to ALL year, was the annual kite festival at Sun River. We went to it on Sat. the 19th but I didn't get ANY pictures. It ended up being a TERRIBLY windy day. We never could get Sammy's new kite, that she earned by reading over 1400 minutes from Jan. 7th to April 15th, to fly. They had all kinds of fun bounce houses and slides and stuff that we spent $10 for tickets on and only got to use 3 tickets before they all started shutting down because the wind was so strong it was blowing them all over. The kids wanted a snow cone but the line was SO long at it that I made them settle for a ice cream or popsicle because there was NO line there and then we left and went back to Grandma's club house and went swimming inside. I guess overall it turned out ok. She got a crummy kite, some ice cream and finally got to go swimming again. I've about had enough of the WIND already though. I have enjoyed the cooler weather very, very much. I just wish it didn't have to come with SO dang much WIND!

0 comments: