Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Andrew's 5th birthday on Friday the 11th.

I never have been creative or artsy and thus have never attempted to make a cute birthday cake for my kids on their birthdays. We always let them chose one from the book at Wal-mart and just buy it. Andrew decided he wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake so I went and ordered it but was quite miffed by the hefty $20 price tag for a dumb 1/4 sheet cake. The half sheet cakes at Costco are only $15.99. SO after some thought I cancelled the order and decided to make my own. He wanted a TMNT toy so when we found this I decided to get it as a present and use it as the cake topper. These are the results of my efforts.
We had to make the cake today because we are celebrating tomorrow in Cedar during the Renaissance fair.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

The cake looks GREAT! I'm impressed! And, it looks like Andrew loved it as well!! Good job!!

The DeMille Digest said...

You did an awesome job on the cake! I love it...it makes me feel dumb because I always try and make cute cakes and I am still not very good at it...you look more like a natural! I bet you love the new concrete patio...that is awesome. I didn't know you guys were at the fair or I would have stopped by.