Sunday, February 8, 2009

How to Make a Pan EXPLODE!!!


Items needed:



  • 1 8x8 glass baking dish

  • an electric stovetop range

  • a COLD granite countertop

  • 1 spoon full of hot spaghetti sauce with meat

  • Cooking spray

Directions:


Spray glass baking dish with pam. Set on front burner of stovetop range while you finish cooking the meat and add the spaghetti sauce. Notice that when you sprayed the pan with Pam you got it on the back burner. Decide to turn the back burner on to "burn off" the Pam. Forget you turned it on and leave it on for a few minutes. Turn off the burner. You will now be ready to add the meat sauce to the baking dish. Notice the Pam in the dish is turning brown and the dish is HOT. Think that it is just because you have the oven turned on and the dish got "warm". Move the HOT baking dish to the COLD granite countertop and then immediately add a heaping spoon full of the HOT spaghetti sauce with meat! Then WHAMO!!! Watch your dish immediately EXPLODE into a hundred tiny shards! Give thanks that you were wearing a thick long sleeved sweatshirt that caught the flying pieces of glass and prevented them from being embedded into the skin. Watch as your kind husband cleans up the mess while your knees are shaking and your kids are laughing! Think over what just happened and finally realize that you turned on the FRONT burner that the glass baking dish was sitting on instead of the BACK one that you THOUGHT you turned on!! Just more proof that I should NOT be cooking!!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

That SUCKS!! I can't believe it exploded! That's just crazy! Thank goodness for long sleeve shirts--if it was me, I wouldn't want a long time reminder! =)

Heather said...

Glad you were wearing the sweatshirt too. That would have scared me to death. Now that it's over though maybe you can laugh with the rest of us. :)

Paul, ShaRee & Kids said...

That is a hilarious story! Glad you were not hurt.

Tracey said...

We are so related. I have the same issues with remembering what I have and have not turned on. Note to self: Tracey and Stephanie should avoid hot things and sharp things.

Harris Family said...

Ha Ha!!! I have seen one explode. Someone tried to warm up soup in it on the stove, when they were baby sitting us as kids. We thought it was the most funny thing ever. She never told my parents either....but we did!!!!!

Amy said...

My knees would be shaking for sure!! We had something similar happen one Thanskgiving a hot pan of stuffing or something was placed on a burner on the ceramic stovetop that hadn't been turned off. A few minutes later it blew...what a mess:) Glad you are okay!

Brittanycw said...

Yikes!! So glad no one got hurt! Sucks you had to make dinner over, or did you get to eat out?!

Stephanie said...

Of course I had to re-make dinner! or at least half of it! :)