Thursday, March 25, 2010

Did You Know Wal-mart Sells Used Coats??

Well I didn't. But I found out when we almost had to buy Andrew's coat that we accidentally left there yesterday! We were shirt shopping for picture day and set his coat on top of the rack while we were looking at shirts. We got busy and tired and forgot it when we left. We went back today, after we remember where we had left it. I asked at Customer Service and they didn't have it. Asked at the dressing rooms and they thought they'd seen it but couldn't find it. So we went back to the rack where I knew I had set it down, but it wasn't there either. As I was glancing around I was like haha, there it is. Someone must have picked it up and put it on a hanger and just hung it up. So I went over to grab it, only to find out it had a $10 price tag on it!!! Then I was confused and thought maybe it wasn't really his, his grandpa had just bought this coat for him a week ago and I didn't remember all the EXACT details of it. Andrew told me it was his, but I said no, see it has a price tag on it. We walked around for a while feeling bummed. He LOVED this coat. Finally, I thought well that other one looks a lot like it and it's only $10 for a nice heavy wool lined coat, maybe I will just buy it anyway so he won't feel so bad and Grandpa won't be mad that we lost it. So I convinced him to go back and try it on. Then the more we looked Andrew was telling me all these little things about it that he couldn't have known if it wasn't his and even told me there were little rocks in the bottom of the pocket!! lol Low and behold the pockets had a bunch of sandy dirt at the bottom. I took it back to customer service and told them the story, showed them the dirt, told them it OBVIOUSLY isn't a brand new coat. The guy was pretty flustered and didn't know what to do so he called another lady over. She looked at the brand name on it and said "we don't even sell this brand" then tore the tag off and said "here you go!" What a joke!!!


SO BUYER BEWARE!!! Next time you shop at Wal-mart your "clearance" items may just be something that someone left there and Wal-mart just stuck a price tag on to try and sell it!!!

4 comments:

Diana said...

That is too funny!

Heather said...

Even Walmart is having a hard time in this economy. haha That's too funny. Glad Andrew got his coat back and you didn't have to repurchase it. Hope Sammy's feeling better. I want to come down and go for a horse ride sometime. :)

Callie said...

That is NUTS!! At least you got the coat back.

Jill said...

That is SO funny! I wonder how they even came up with a price for it if they didn't even sell that brand?? I'm glad Andrew got his coat back, anyway!