Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nerds

SO I was thinking about the funny discussion we had at our girls lunch, a bunch of girls from my high school class got together for lunch a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about Diana's post http://johnclarkfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/never-dull-moment.html about her kids thinking she isn't a nerd.
I decided to ask my kids their opinion on the subject of whether or not I am a nerd. First Sammy says "No, you're not a nerd" then after thinking for a couple of minutes she says "Well, maybe you are a half nerd" I was thinking ok that is interesting so I asked "what do you mean?" she said "you are only a half nerd because nerds are smart and ugly" I thought hmmm...not sure I WANT her to elaborate on that one but alas she says "you are smart but not ugly". Ahhh! Sometimes kids can be nice to their parents.
I thought it was interesting that kids had the same interpretation of "Nerds are smart" I didn't tell her anything about nerds, I just asked if she thought I was one.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so funny. I am not even going to ask my kids if I am a nerd. I am not smart or cute. We really need to get together. Let me know your schedule. We should get a few of our friends and husbands together and do a BBQ.

Heather said...

Too funny. Mine would probably say the opposite. I had the talk with Kaydee the other day that she needs to start eating because she's too skinny. She said she wants to stay skinny and not get fat like Mom. Then she was quick to say just kidding Mom your skinny winny too. haha

Miss Kay said...

Ha, ha, ha! One time my niece outright told me I didn't look pretty. After a few seconds I asked her what she meant. She said, "You don't have your lip gloss on yet, Auntie Twila!"