Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Camping Trip

We took the kids to Oak Grove for the long anticipated camping trip that we kept promising them but kept delaying. We all had a good time but were more than glad to be home to our own beds and a nice warm shower!
Ryan's idea of a "little campfire"

Roasted starburst--YUMMY


Yummy S'mores



Ryan made us gather ALL these pine cones to help with the fire builing. Can you say "Pyromaniac"!


I have NEVER seen Andrew's hands this dirty. He is the biggest freak about having clean hands. He spent the whole time playing in the fire (definitely his dad's kid) or chopping with the axe or hammer.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Wow, Andrew is sure Ryan's son. No doubt about it. I'll have to try the roasted starbust things sometime. Sammy is right, her marshmallows look perfect.

Miss Kay said...

Andrew didn't like dirty hands when he was a baby either, did he? He's cute. I love the hair. I've never heard of roasting a starburst...I'm going to have to get more creative and have some fun at my next campout. Thanks for the idea! How's everything going?