Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling So Loved

So just an update on my job. I actually really like it. I wish it was more money and more hours because the job itself is really not bad at all. The math is easy, for me, so it isn't stressful at all and it is fun to be able to help these kids understand something that they otherwise will probably never learn. Most of them work pretty hard and are doing really well. So today I got my "reward" by having kids in two different classes tell me that they wished I was the teacher! One girl wanted to know how long I would be working for the regular teacher. I told her all year. She said well when do you get your own class, cuz I wanna be in your class! I explained to her that I don't have a teaching degree but a business degree so I can help with the math but can't be a math teacher! Anyway, it made me feel good that they like me and can understand what I am trying to teach them! I guess teaching does have its rewards! Too bad it doesn't pay a WHOLE lot more!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Well I can understand why they love you. You're awesome Steph. You have the patience level that it takes too.

Nicole said...

That is AWESOME! Way to go! You are the best ever!

Anonymous said...

I knew you would do a great job! I wish I could've had someone like you helping me with math when I was in high school!